next next

trs_01

Robertson & Lansley Pty Limited originally operated from premises built at the rear of Nelson Street Annandale.

In those humble surrounds the company had a six inch toolmaker's lathe, a Richhardson Drilling Machine and a hand press.

Ken Roberts, a graduate Electrical Engineer and close friend of David and the Robertson Family, was asked to join the company, to develop and manufacture his invention of Australia's first midget radio tuning gang.

In June 1947 Ken was elected the First Chairman of Robertson & Lansley Pty Limited.

Ken Toulmin joined Robertson and Lansley Pty Limited on 5th February, 1951.

Through the efforts of Ken Roberts the Company was successful in obtaining orders to produce radio tuning gang condensors for the manufacture of midget radios in Australia.

Robertson & Lansley Pty Limited was growing and obtaining a reputation within the industry for precision workmanship.

By the early fifties the Company was employing up to eighteen workers. The enterprise was housed in a rented site, on the corner of Moore and White Street Leichhardt, which Roblan purchased in 1954.